Coven of Nightwalkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Comments, Ideas and Suggestions.

+2
AndX
Bloodlet
6 posters

Go down

Guild Comments, Ideas and Suggestions. Empty Guild Comments, Ideas and Suggestions.

Post  Bloodlet Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:58 pm

Please write any comments you have about the Guild or any Suggestions you may have to Improve the Guild Here.

Maybe you have an idea for a Guild Event?
Bloodlet
Bloodlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guild Comments, Ideas and Suggestions. Empty Re: Guild Comments, Ideas and Suggestions.

Post  Bloodlet Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:13 pm

As my game time is limited and I seem to be spending alot of that time on the forum and not actually being able to play I'm asking for help with a few things.

There are a few guides I would like to add to the website abd some guides need amending and updating due to game changes. Finding the time to do so is proving hard.
If anyone can help with these it would be greatly appreciated.

Guides Needed:

GvG Guide - Why we GvG, the rewards, the difference to pking, types of GvG battles (Kos or arranged ) etc.

Full KOS Guild wars - Why they may occur, the difference to GvG wars, The ompact to player caught up in one, the importance of a non fighting alliance party master to re-invite killed Guildies etc.

Auction House Guide - how to use AH with success and not lose lant when selling. You don't have to divulge your secrets to success just the basics and short cuts. Wink

I'm sure there are more and I'll add them as I remember them. Please also suggest your own guides.

If you are writing a Guide please add it to the forum so we can then transfer it to the website.
Please also leave a post if you are the progress of writing a guide so that others don't waste their time writing the same guide.

Guides Needing updating:

BattleField guides - new maps added, rage removed from SvS and anything elde you see when reading through a guide.

Compounding Guide - Nightmare Items need to be added and guide to compounding them.

Mini Guide and FAQ's - why not to buy equip from NPC dealers, Grind or Quest which is best at low lvl and anything elso you think would be useful.

There is probably more, please read the guides.

If you want to update a guide the easiest method would be to copy and paste it from the website then once updated copy and past to the forum ready to be moved back to the website.

All help will be rewarded with Guild Rank Reward Points.
Bloodlet
Bloodlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guild Comments, Ideas and Suggestions. Empty used to be a pro at ah......

Post  AndX Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:32 pm

But lately I seem to get people that cancel bids right before they end. Frustrating.
AndX
AndX

Back to top Go down

Guild Comments, Ideas and Suggestions. Empty ill give you a mini on leveling from 3o to 5o

Post  AndX Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:38 pm

If, if I have the time.

AndX
AndX

Back to top Go down

Guild Comments, Ideas and Suggestions. Empty Re: Guild Comments, Ideas and Suggestions.

Post  Kwarii Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:53 pm

I can make TB guide for sure also rest battlefields shouldnt be a problem for me but i dont know them as good as tb. Generally i can do some of that stuff its gonna be nice difference from minecrafting all the time during lectures Cool

actually gonna have one long n' boring lecture in a few min so i can start right now xD
Kwarii
Kwarii

Back to top Go down

Post  FiletMinion Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:02 am

I believe if you check the website we have a pretty decent start on bg guides although a few of them could use some updates since they released the newer maps
FiletMinion
FiletMinion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodlet Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:35 pm

Thank you for that full TB Strongest guide Kwarii.

However there already is a TB Strongest guide..it just needed a Guide to the new map "Ion Mine" Shocked

I'm sure we can make use of some of your other information tho Wink
Bloodlet
Bloodlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guild Comments, Ideas and Suggestions. Empty Guild Discussion Topics

Post  Bloodlet Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:28 pm

I have been meaning to call a Guild meeting to discuss a few things but as yet I hadn't decided on the best time or day to do this, so i'm going to list the topics here and we'll address them as and when they are brought up in Guild chat.

1. Rank Reward points being earned but not being awarded.
As stated on the Rank Reward table and guide, neither myself or Elizabela can be online 24/7. This means that any Guildie that's online when we are not and earning Reward points for chatting in guild chat and helping other guildies are not receiving the points unless we have been informed. Unfortunately this isn't happening except for a few rare occasions.
How can this be improved? Should everyone send a pm after their days gaming or should we find volunteers from different time zones to do this for you? Would this cause more problems of Help points getting double awarded?

2. Forum Chat Box.
This forum feature is at the moment being largely unused (except as a place for Andx and Tart to air their insanity lol! ).
As this is the only easily accessable communication we have between the two guilds would it make sense for all Coven Guildies to log into the Forum and chat box when ever they are ingame?
It is a pain that the chat box logs you out again so quickly but the Archive button will bring up any chat missed. It only take a couple of seconds to tab out of game to the forum and check for any communication from the other guild. Even if everyone ingame has been logged out of the chat box at least any Nightwalker checking the forum can see who's online to send a pm to ingame if they need to talk to Coven Guild.

3. Nightwalkers Guild Managers.
As many of you are aware any Coven Guildie with alt chars in Nightwalkers Guild is given invite rights into that Guild. Coven Managers alts are also given Rank set up and expulsion rights.
It is these alts that are basically running our lowbie Guild and thank you so much for helping with this.
Are their other Coven Guildies that could bring alts into Nightwalkers to spend even a few minutes a day with the Nightwalkers, to answer questions and generally keep the guild chat active. I have a storage mule (SingingSword) and my AH trader (LuckyBid) in Nightwalkers, These do not quest but are there to chat help and recruit while I'm on those chars. Maybe you have similar chars you could use for the same purpose?

4. Misieck + Misieckk
One of our Coven Managers Misieck is choosing to spend the majority of his time on his Nightwalker char Misieckk and enjoys helping and practically running our lowbie guild for us. His Nightwalker Char Misieckk is now quite high lvl (60+) but is going to remain in the lowbie guild until he decides otherwise. I cannot thank Misieck enough for his help and commitment to our lowbie guild, but I fear he goes largely forgotten in Coven Guild.
I'd like all Coven to please add Misieckk to their friends list and check in with him periodicaly as he is doing quests normally needed by Coven level guildies and I have no doubt he would appreciate help and party invites himself (and being told of Raids being arranged in coven Rolling Eyes ).

4. PrimalRage - Our inactive Sister Guild.
As I'm sure you are aware, we have a sister Guild PrimalRage that remains inactive accept for when we need to GvG to reactivate our Guild rewards when no true GvG war is available. At these times Coven Guildies will switch Guilds so we can fight ourselves and then be invited back to Coven after the battle is over. This is not an ideal solution and a boring one at best but neccessary at times.
This unfortunately is also the only real option we have when Nightwalkers need GvG points too. It would be largely impossible for our lowbie guild to engage in a full GvG due to the guildies levels and I'm sure it would just turn into a gank party if we tried.
Myself, Elizabela, FodderMiser and FiletMinion have low lvl alt chars permanently in PrimalRage for such times.
Do you have other lowbie alts you would be willing to permanently move into PrimalRage for this too? Again storage mules would be fine (OP chars need not apply tongue ) This would make it quicker and easier to arrange GvG's for Nightwalkers.

5. Kwarii's Guild lottery Suggestion
I'd like to draw your attention to Kwarii's post in the spam section on a guild lottery. I think this is an excellent idea but he is wanting more feed back from Guildies before taking any action with the idea. Please discuss this idea and leave your opinion as a reply to his post.

6. New Coven Guildies
Everyday now we seem to have new Guildies joining us in Coven. Whether this is the cream of Nightwalkers moving up (poor Misieckk hates us taking his best guildies Rolling Eyes ) or higher lvl players asking to join.
I would ask that Coven managers online at the time of them joining please direct them to the website to read the guild rules and Rank Reward Guide, also to ask them to register to our forum from there too.
There are Guildies in Coven that have been with us for a few weeks that are still missing out on reward points thro not registering yet, is this down to them not knowing about it?

7. Coven Bank
Our 3 Coven bank chars are now brimming with gear for all guildies. However this does mean there's no real room for any more donated items Shocked
we will need to clean the banks of the less useful items. these will more than likely be reduced into xeons and returned to the bank. Any other suggestions of what to do with it would be appreciated.
The bank still isn't really being used. What can be done about this..or is it just that the majority of the items aren't what people want?
There are now some excellent misc items available. These however can't be loaned and will be sold for a Lant donations back to the bank. (we normally give 50% of sale lant back to the donator unless told otherwise.)
This unfortunately leads to another problem of how much? In the past people wanting to buy an item have had to wait for the donator to be contacted to agree on a price, this can take time. Would it make more sense to set a price for an item when you donate it? This way we could add the price to the bank listings.
Lant Donations: There is currently over 5kk Lant in the banks. This was meant for loans to Guildies and a few loans have been made and returned. I would also like to use this money for other Guild purposes, Rank Reward Money, Prize money for Guild free battles etc. ( I have already used 100k to pay our latest Manager for reaching rank 1 Twisted Evil )
I'm not going to suggest all Guildies should donate Lant to the guild to keep funds available for these purposes, donations are voluntary, but as we don't have space atm for equipment donations maybe this is an alternative?

Footnote on Nightwalker recruiting:
I have been trying to recruit Nightwalker guildies everytime I get onto that guild. I know others of you have been doing the same and Fodder has spent a couple of days on a recruitment drive in various areas.
As the turnover of players at lowbie lvl is high this needs to be done several times a week. (I'll try to keep up with removing Guildies inactive for 7+ days too Rolling Eyes )
The tried and tested method of recruiting for this guild is Zerging (I love that phrase Laughing ) This is throwing random invites to any unguilded player you see. Not an ideal method but one that seems to work best. I've found if you try talking to new players first then asking if they'd like to join they seem to panic and decline (new player shyness) or even log off Shocked
As Nightwalkers was created to give new players somewhere to find help with their quests and finding parties this needs to be done in batches of similar lvl players. (no point inviting one lvl 2 player into a guild full of lvl40's).
Please help recruit as and when you can spare the time to find at least 5 new Guildies and have the time to explain about the two guilds and direct them to our website for the rules and guides etc.
If you run out of room in the guild please let a Coven Manager know so that inactives can be removed. I normally do this myself as there are a few Coven alts without personal memos stating they are. If these do get removed by accident it's not a major problem to reinvite them when asked too Wink
If you are removing inactives please read the personal memos as some may be on vacation etc and asked not to be removed in their memo.

Phew..alot to discuss but please do so in guild chat as we have alot of Guildies who unfortunately don't frequent this forum as much as the rest of us but it still concerns them.

I look forward to your feed back both here and in Guild chat Very Happy
Bloodlet
Bloodlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FodderMiser Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:19 am

i just read ur last post blood...and phew is right....lol

@ forum chat box.... dig this idea mostly...ofc i'm a guy and most of us are not good at multitasking whether we claim to be or not so...willing to try, sounds good in theory, we'll see how it goes.

@ lottery suggestion ... sounds cool... no idea on logistics of puting it into action.

@ zerging for nightwalkers ... something that i have found handy is having a notepad with the following 4 lines of "canned text" to spam guild chat while recruiting:

Welcome to Nightwalkers the lvl 1-49 lowbie guild of Coven of Nightwalkers

the # ppl online here varies based on frequency of recruiting -vs- how many ppl move to the mother guild @ lvl 50

Feel free to ask questions or for help, thats what were here for.

Plz check out our website which pops up everytime u go through a gate or return.

the top line i spam after every invite, the 2nd, 3rd & 4th i spam after every 4-5 ppl join

(4th only if the damn website is actually up at that point in time... i need to migrate to a more reliable free server soon)

@ anything else in this post....i need more frickin coffee affraid

FodderMiser
FodderMiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kwarii Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:20 am

tomorrow im gonna have another borin... i mean cool and extreamly interesting lecture... so i guess im gonna do auction guide

Also i would send Pirii into PrimalRage as i wont play much with this char anymore

Edit: In friday i can make another guide - Mini guide & FAQ - i dont think ill cover up everything as im still newb it the end Rolling Eyes but for sure I can write down some basic stuff for beginers
Kwarii
Kwarii

Back to top Go down

Post  FodderMiser Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:15 am

@kawarii... we already have one of those too...make sure if u are going to do any guides that you read what guides we do have already on the main website first. if u want to add to them, update them or write content on subjects we're missing all together...have at it, we could use all the info we can...

all guides such as these are intended to be moved to the main website, including your's ... but we do have a limited amount of space for pics so plz limit the number of pics u add to guides and try to use more text descriptions than pics.
FodderMiser
FodderMiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kwarii Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:07 pm

Well I actually have read all guides exacly same day that i heard about them (compunding twice!) Smile

Im not a web designer/graphic (yet!) so all i can do is make a post that contains all info that i find important and still dont bother how does it look - just show the idea, also this is a forum - perfect place to discuss and give feedback you cannot expect that guides gonna be 100% as they should be without specification//feedback. My guides just show my vision and my idea how guides may look like (and yes there are a lot of pictures bcoz - funny fact - I actually live from, for example telling designers to remove walls of text from websites Razz)

Size of the picture is not a issue in css its plain simple to make any size thumb that link directly to image, for js there is awesome and simple jquery lightbox (in jquery are even better ways to deal with pics, but lightbox is so simple that I can handle it), there is Flash that can fit whole guide into one screen and also add some fancy animations so picture size is not the issue its all about imagination and motivation. But as I always repeat im lazy and I prefer starting with simple small things and then after receiving some fb improve it or like Napoleon did... if there is no turmoil around something its mean that its not worth dealing with anymore Very Happy (also its much easier to make changes at begin then at the end)

And to sum up If my vision of guides dont fit what we are looking for website than well it happens, im just a duck... erm Human I mean! But at least we have now 2 TB guides and we gonna have 2 auction guides - its even better! 2 on website for ppl who like to read and 2 at forum for ppl who like pics Very Happy (all we need now are video guides on youtube and we can fit everyone taste bout guides Laughing )

Mini n FAQ was supposed to be the last from by kwa series, coz BF needs only update, compunding is still magic for meh and for GvG and KOS im too newb, but as it looks that you prefer to stay with current setup, then ill pass this one to someone who have better knowledge about req mostly because im not sure am i good person to write down that stuff as i barely started playin req, but also b'coz im against walls of texts and i dont want to do something that im against xD

heh simple test... how manny ppl didnt read the whole text above? Wink
Kwarii
Kwarii

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinch Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:44 pm

So far the only good feedback I can give are Reinforcing your shitz and mainly the so called "safe spots" up to where you could + your gear before it starts failing. Small I know, but still sth i think :3 As for the whole guides thing,personally during my time in nightwwalkers (lowbie) guild,the question asking is really low. Don't get me wrong,I'm all up for helping ppl and having a complete site for players from1 to 85,it's just I don't think its necessary to make it that fancy. Visually easy to comprehend,no need for fancy moving pics and such. As for videos they are a must IMO and I can gladly volunteer in making any if you desire (since now I finally got a working fraps).But still, if you're up to it and feel motivated, fire away! Smile I will help in any means I can.

Oh a nd P.S. I read the whole text :3 nawwerzmahcookeeeh?! xD
Pinch
Pinch

Back to top Go down

Post  Kwarii Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:23 pm

haha actually whole video idea from me was totally a joke, but nice to know that you have possibility to do such stuff we could think about much more cool use of that - Coven of Nightwalkers Trailer to advertise out guild at wp forum and make ppl more jealous how awesome our guild is! Very Happy or what would be more interesting and helpfull in fact and now im serious... Dungeons, GvG and stuff like that

or some troll vidoes like 50min of exping with afk domi Laughing

and i would be really glad for
Pinch wrote:so called "safe spots" up to where you could + your gear before it starts failing.
bcoz after i lost my ultimate 25lv wands around from +14 up to +22 i never tried to reinforce above 5 lol (also bcoz i find %rates that are shown in reinforce window as or wrong or gives in such weird way that im unable to calculate real values that could be similar to reinforce results)
Kwarii
Kwarii

Back to top Go down

Post  FodderMiser Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:36 am

hey kwarii ... I wasn't trying to offend u, & i hope ur not offended by what i said. I and many others i'm sure appeciate ur work on making guides. i was under the impression this section was gonna be deleted from the forums and the issue with the site isn't the load time on pages which is what thumbs + lightboxes would fix (which i am capable of making), but rather the actual (limited) server space pics eat up on a free sever, and keeping the continuity and consisitancy of the the website as to keep it looking professional (perhaps only important to me as i once did webdesign professionally).

Whether u were joking or not I like the idea of weblinked youtube vids from the site (for tutorials or just entertainment purposes. (they could be embeded easily enough, but again thats more server space).
FodderMiser
FodderMiser
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kwarii Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:47 am

I wasnt offended and for anny future issue that i may be involved with... its almost impossible to offend me and when i felt offended i will clearly announce that like 'F#%^* you IM OFFENDED" haha

as i said if my guide-style are not what we are looking for then its not what we looking for and thats all i do them at lectures so Im even glad that i can contribute and spend that time by doing something that may be usefull for guild. Im not that much into web technical stuff yet, im just a speaker connected with huge hci database in my head so i wont dissagre with what you say just give some examples that I already know and can do if required

As i said this is forum perfect place to forge best ideas that gonna give best results Smile

and... another person like the vidoe idea... we could start to thing seriously about that ( but still i got in my head... How to exp with domi xD)

Im after few drinks so forgive me my spelling Embarassed
Kwarii
Kwarii

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down