Coven of Nightwalkers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rogue-Assassin

Go down

Rogue-Assassin Empty Rogue-Assassin

Post  Bloodlet Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:06 am

Anything Helpful about Rogues and Assassins. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Bloodlet on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Bloodlet
Bloodlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rogue-Assassin Empty Dash Techniques

Post  Bloodlet Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:07 am

Dash Techniques for Rogues/Assassins/Shadow Runners:

Double Dash- forward dash, jump and spin 180 degrees, Retreat, jump and spin 180 degrees. If both Forward dash and Retreat are fully DNA'd this technique can be used with very little cooldown time.

Uphill and uneven ground Dash- This is always frustrating when trying to dash and barely moving. Solution: Jump first, just before you land, Dash. this will help you clear uneven ground and give a little more distance up hill. Using the same technique with Retreat seems to work better up hill than Forward Dash.

Dash Climbing- parcour for Rogues- This uses the same jump and Dash technique. Stand in front of what you want to climb, Jump and hit Forward Dash just before you land. This should Dash you up to ledges and other areas not normally within reach. Both Forward Dash and Retreat work for this technigue. Great fun around Nova where it is possible to even get on top of the bank!! check out the youtube video, it's quite amazing to watch.
WARNING. It is easy to dash through the map and get stuck in glitches trying this.

Climbing Attack- (Assassin only) Similar to Dash climbing but uses Brutal Scud attack instead of Forward Dash. Awesome attack move in pvp matches to kill enemy on cliffs above you or in enemy tree on Theme Battlefield Union "Doomed Orchard" map. Needs an Enemy Target to work Rolling Eyes
Bloodlet
Bloodlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rogue-Assassin Empty Hotkeyed for Speed

Post  Bloodlet Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:42 am

Everything about an Assassin is down to speed, movement and reaction.
From dancing around an opponent to stay behind them (as many of their attacks require facing you.) too jumping and spinning 180 degrees while dashing and retreating. This makes trying to use cursor click activation on the action bars impossible without losing momentum.
Using the preset hotkeys is fine if you're used to them but I found them slow and cumbersome, so have set my own. This is easily done from the keyboard option in game settings or by right clicking the key icon above the action bar slot you wish to change, then pressing the new hotkey you wish to use.
The hotkeys I have chosen, for me feel more natural to use and everything I need is at my finger tips.

Movement:
Forward - W (standard)
Back - S (standard)
Side Step Left - A (standard)
Side Step Right - D (standard)
Jump - Space Bar (standard)
Forward Dash - F
Retreat - Z

I no longer use char turn keys as it is alot faster to spin around holding the right mouse button and moving the mouse.
This same technique is used with Side Step+Forward to Straf around an enemy facing them the whole time. (practice this on mobs)

Skills:

Stealth - 1
Home Thrust - E (the most used so it's the closest to the movement buttons for speed)
Brutal Scud - R
Spinning Edge - T
Excessive Bleed - Y
Infection - Q
Soccer Kick - C
Xbow - 2
Poison Arrow - 3
Attack - 4 (if poison arrow is on cooldown)
Dual Swords - V (close to Forward Dash - F, to dash and switch quickly from Xbow)

This set up does mean you have to re assasign some other keys.
Battle stance - no longer used
Respond to whisper - ]
Walk/Run - P

You will find this set up is quite logical to use, with the least used skills being furthest away from movement keys but ofcourse it's down to personal preference.

The downside to setting your own hotkeys is that they are not saved to each Character and if you switch chars alot you'll have to re-assign the keys each time. (to return keys to default just go to keyboard option in game settings and click default. this will reset just the hotkeys without reseting anyother game settings).

Bloodlet
Bloodlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rogue-Assassin Empty Splitting Agro

Post  Bloodlet Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:39 am

This is an essential technique for Rogues/Assassins who have a Doppleganger. (PvE)

It happens alot in Requiem, you're soloing mobs and you come across a group of linked mobs. This means if you attack one, the others will attack too. Often with fatal results.
Splitting Agro is a technique allowing you fight linked mobs one at a time.

How:

1. equip your Xbow.
2. TAB Target one mob. (but don't attack.)
3. Send your Doppleganger to attack it.
4. TAB switch to second target.
5. As soon as the second target turns to attack your Doppleganger shoot it. This will cause that target alone to turn and attack you instead. (splitting it from the group).
6. Kill the mob attacking you and leave your Dopple to die. Once the other mobs have killed your Dopple they will reset.
7. Spawn a new Dopple and repeat the process until only one mob remains.
8. Kill the final Mob as normal.

Note: If you only have a low lvl Dopple you will have to be quick shooting the second target before the Dopple is killed. Leave it too late and all the mobs will turn on you.

This technique also works for Dominators and their pets.

Bloodlet
Bloodlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rogue-Assassin Empty Skilled Weapon Switches

Post  Bloodlet Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:51 pm

These are techniques I use during every fight.

It's quite simple and quickly becomes automatic but can save those precious few seconds in a fight and can give those precious few more damage points that could make the difference between winning and losing.

Retreat Switch (Xbow):
Just before your Stun wears off of an enemy, Retreat. (Always try to Retreat in the opposite direction than your enemy is facing as this can buy you a few seconds while they try to see where you went).
Immiediately after hitting Retreat Hit Xbow then Poison Arrow. This should switch your weapon to xbow in mid Retreat and shoot Poison Arrow as soon as you stop. (I always Hit Attack after Poison Arrow just incase it was still in cool down).
Always Use Poison Arrow first if not on CD (Cool Down) as you will often AA (Auto Attack) straight after it effectively giving a double shot. Continue to AA until just before Home Thrust is ready to use.

Dash Switch (Duals):
This is the follow up move after Retreat Switch. (Or any time you find yourself using Xbow).
1-2 seconds before Home Thrust has finished CD, Forward Dash. (Towards the enemy Rolling Eyes ).
Immediatley after hitting Forward Dash Hit Duals then Home Thrust (it should now be ready to use). This should switch you to Duals mid Dash and Stun your enemy as soon as you stop. (Be prepared to spin 180 degrees and hit home Thrust again if you over dash and pass the enemy. Wink ).
I follow this with either AA or a DOT (Damage over Time) attack depending on enemies health and use Retreat Switch again if they're still alive before stun wears off.

Forward Dash Switch (Xbow):
Use this technique only if you have too!
It's the same principle as Retreat Switch (Xbow) but used if Retreat is on CD
You however need to Spin 180 degrees after Dash and switch to face the enemy before using Poison Arrow.
If poison Arrow is on CD you HAVE TO HIT ATTACK as Forward Dash will always bring you out of Attack Target Mode (Red Target) but you will remain on Target Lock. (Blue Target).
The downside of using this Technique is you now have to wait for CD on Forward Dash before you can Dash Switch to Duals again. Retreat and AA xbow or Soccer Kick switch (see below) may now be your best options.

Soccer Kick Switch (Duals):
I have to confess I love this move and often use it when fighting mobs even though the Soccer Kick debuff has no effect on them.
Soccer Kick is the only attack skill I Use (and therefore am aware of) that can be used with both Xbow and Duals.
If you are on Xbow and find yourself face to face with an enemy making Dash Switch to duals useless use Soccer Kick instead.
Immediately after hitting Soccer Kick hit Duals then Home Thrust. This should switch you to duals mid Soccer Kick while causing damage and leave the enemy stunned. (With the added bonus of looking cool Very Happy )
You may have a better skill than Soccer Kick that can be used with both weapons, if so use it Wink .

In the last Theme Battlefied Stongest match I played before writing these section. (Without meaning to brag). I made alot of kills of various classes including a 1v1 with a PB (where stuns are in-effective) using these techniques and didn't die once. Twisted Evil (Ok the PB fight was a close call Laughing )

Bloodlet
Bloodlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rogue-Assassin Empty Anti Stun Stealth

Post  Bloodlet Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:48 am

I'm writing this tip after having it pointed out to me when I made the comment "It annoys me that my stuns always miss lower level Assassins". Mad

The reason is obvious but after 3 yrs of playing a Sin it just hadn't occured to me why Rolling Eyes

Part of the benefits of your Stealth skill is it makes you immune to Sleep, Slow, Stun and halt (Traps of Stiffness etc).
We all know this but don't normally think about it because when in Stealth no one can see you to stun you. This is where my thinking fell down when facing a low level Sin.

We've all chuckled to ourselves when we see a low level Sin try and sneak past thinking they are invisible while stealthed not knowing you are a high enough level to see them.
But (and this is the bit I didn't consider) just because their Stealth doesn't visibly work on you it doesn't mean they aren't still immune to your scud or home thrust stuns and these will miss everytime while they remain stealthed. Crying or Very sad

The simple solution:
Soccer kick their stealth and other buffs off, then stun and kill them Twisted Evil
Bloodlet
Bloodlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rogue-Assassin Empty Re: Rogue-Assassin

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down